|[an error occurred while processing this directive][an error occurred while processing this directive]
Professor Grenville Armitage
Tel:+61 3 9214 8373
B.E. (Elec)(Hons), University of Melbourne, 1988. PhD, University of Melbourne, 1994.
- Engineering Manager, Transport Protocol R&D group, Netflix (As of July 20th 2018 I am no longer a paid employee of Swinburne University of Technology)
Publications: Local list, DBLP entries, Swinburne's Research Bank
Google scholar statistics
Personal websites: http://gja.space4me.com
and http://grenville.wordpress.com(note that Swinburne University of
Technology does not control personal websites)
Short Bio: here
Advice for prospective PhD students: I am NO LONGER looking for new PhD students.
- Internet For Things (I4T): Engineering the Internet to become a unified, resilient and reliable communications platform for billions of humans and orders of magnitude more devices embedded in our built environments.
- Anything to do with IP network
as performance, cybersecurity, scalability, resilience and monitoring) that ultimately
impacts on an end-user's experience of 'the internet'
- Implementing and experimentally
transport protocols and their collateral impact on real-time services
- Fast-paced, multiplayer online games and their
with the underlying IP network infrastructure
- Immersive tools for real-time
visualisation of IP network conditions and collaborative
inquiry/control of network devices
- Minimally-intrusive IP traffic clasification
schemes and network monitoring (for various purposes)
- Covert channels over IP networks -
evaluation and detection
- Improving the energy efficiency of IP
- Network layer spam mitigation
- Mobile networks and the implications of
with more bandwidth around the edge than in the core