The Internet For Things research program
Assorted related reading and resources
Protocol standardisation articles from the IETF Journal
- Amazon IoT: "..a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices."
- Google Home: "Voice-control your smart devices."
- HomeKit: "The smart home just got smarter."
- IFTTT: If This Then That, "Connect the apps and devices you love with “if this, then that” statements"
- OpenHAB: Open software "...for integrating different home automation systems and technologies into one single solution."
- SmartThings: "Stay Connected to Your Home and Family."
- Virtual Wiring: "...turns *nix computers [...] into robust, control systems."
- Intimate Adult Toy + WiFi + camera: Fail. (The Register, April 2017)
- Creepy IoT teddy bear leaks >2 million parents' and kids' voice messages (Arstechnica, Feb 2017)
- Reaping the Whirlwind: DDoS Defense in the Age of Mirai (presentation by Roland Dobbins, Arbor Networks, 2016)
- Webcam firm recalls hackable devices after mighty Mirai botnet attack (welivesecurity, Oct 2016)
- "Dirty COW" Linux Kernel Exploit Seen in the Wild: Older, unpatched Linux kernels are at the core of many IoT devices (Security Week, Oct 2016)
- These 60 dumb passwords can hijack over 500,000 IoT devices into the Mirai botnet (GrahamCluley, Oct 2016)
- Hajime: Analysis of a decentralized internet worm for IoT devices (pdf) (Rapidity Networks, Oct 2016)
- Source Code for IoT Botnet 'Mirai' Released (KrebsOnSecurity Blog, Oct 2016)
- IoT devices being increasingly used for DDoS attacks: "Malware is infesting a growing number of IoT devices, but their owners may be completely unaware of it" (Symantec Blog, Sep 2016)
- KrebsOnSecurity Hit With Record DDoS (KrebsOnSecurity Blog, Sep 2016)
- Samsung Smart Home flaws let hackers make keys to front door: "Don't rely on SmartThings for anything security related, researchers warn" (Arstechnica, May 2016)
- Z-Wave protocol hacked with SDR (software defined radio) (Hackaday, Jan 2016)
- This guy's light bulb performed a DoS attack on his entire smart house (Fusion, Mar 2015)